Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ascending Blackbear

It was so peaceful eating lunch atop Blackbear Mountain and looking out at all the mountains and trying to get our bearings to decide if we were looking East or South. Then climbing up to the other summit to see an even better view, in my opinion, of a lake and river, though I couldn't tell you which one, but hey. While I love hiking and the outdoors, I sometimes forget about the impact we have on the land, even just hiking up a mountain and carrying our trash out and disposing of things appropriately, its impossible to leave no trace. I have many things on my bucket list, the purpose of many are to challenge me physically, I recently crossed a marathon off my list and if my lifetime I would also like to climb all 46 Adirondack high peaks (I think I've done 8 so far). I didn't consider it at first, but now I understand that this has become a bit of a trend among many tourists, which means that the land, plants, and animals are going to be impacted. I will try to do my part and counteract this to the tiniest degree I can by making my friends and family that I hike with, aware of the implications and leave the places we travel as close to the way we come across them, as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment